There are some instances where you might want to create a specific rewards program for a specific group. BayIQ has options to create these within your current program. There are two types of specialty programs you can choose from:
1- Affinity Program: This is a special rewards program for customers that belong to a specific organization or business. From here, you can offer these customers rewards that apply only to members of this group.
Example: Employees of the local hospital receive an additional 1% in rewards points from their purchases!
2- Charity: Create a charity of your choice that allows your rewards members the option to donate their rewards points rather than spend them in your store. You would be responsible for donating the value of points donated to the selected charity.
Example: The local high school sports program is lacking funds to compete this year. Donate your rewards points to help them field a team!
Let’s look at how to create these programs.
Click on the Marketing tab and select Specialty Programs
Let’s first look at creating an Affinity Program. Click on the blue Affinity tab
- Name: This is what you would name the affiliate program. Ex, Delta Airlines Employee Program.
- Description: Describe who this program recognizes and what the program entails.
- Affinity Tag: This is used for reporting as well as an identifier that is applied to the rewards customer accounts to show that they are part of this group.
- Market: Use the dropdown and choose your store name
- Store: Choose which location this will apply to. If it applies to all locations, select All Stores.
- Active: When it is ready to go live, click the button to ON
- Rewards: This is where you create any bonuses or sign up rewards for affinity members. Bonuses can differ from your regular program. Signup credit can be what they earn for signing up on the affinity program and will be added to their account. *Note that the conversion rate cannot be changed.
- Artwork: Here is where you can upload any artwork for the program. There is a place for banner artwork (what shows up across the top of the landing page), there is space for card artwork (if you create a designated card design to the program you can upload that here), benefit images (any benefits they receive can have specific artwork created as well).
Once this is all complete, click on the Create Affinity button at the very bottom of the page.
This creates a landing page link that you can then share with the company you are creating the program for.
Now let’s look at creating a Charity Program:
Same steps as above, but this time click on Charity.
- Name: What is the name of your charity
- Market: Use the drop down to select the name of your business
- Stores: Use the drop down to select which location
- URL: this is where you would put the web address of the charity so that people can learn more about it
- Description: Give a brief description of what the charity is all about and what you hope to achieve.
When you are finished be sure to click the blue Create Charity button on the bottom of the page. Here is an example:
This will now show up on the monthly email communications where a customer will have the option of donating their points/$ to the charity. It also shows up on their customer portal. (see below)
You can now run a report that will show you any donations that have been made, and you can track which donations you have processed and delivered to the charity.
To run the report, click on Reports>Charity and then click on your store. This is what you will see:
Click on Unprocessed to see those donations that have not yet been contributed. You have different filter options with Donation Total and Donation Date, but they can be left blank. Click Update and it will load your donations.
Clicking the blue Process button will move those donations into the processed bucket, which means you have paid that money to the charity. It is your responsibility to make sure you are paying the charity; this program only helps you track that progress.